Pages

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

A Bit About & A Salute to Amy


 


A new chapter in your life deserves a new blog, amiright? 
Regardless, I've created this blog for the soul purpose of having a more personal outlet focused on my own fashions as well as anything else I may find of consequence.

My spot up at the front desk where I greet customers with my superior 
retail abilities and rip and pin till the sun goes down.


Yay for no tripod fails!!


Recently, I started working at a well known, local dress shop. The boutique is a treasure trove of redesigned vintage and has accrued a cult following throughout my hometown that is spreading all over the California Bay Area. As the shop's first ever hired assistant, I've been walking on sunshine all month! 

My first experience with Betty's Girl began in 2003. I was in 6th or 7th grade, walking around downtown with some friends when we noticed a newly filled store front (an unfortunately rare occasion in Downtown Napa thanks to gouging rent costs). Pink polka dots bordered the store's glass windows, which displayed the most brilliant dresses I'd ever laid eyes on.

To make a long story short, that marked the beginning of my growing love affair with decades past and realization that self expression would be key to my personal happiness. And that's where this blog finds it's inception.

The look I'd like to share with you today is somewhat of a tribute to the late Amy Winehouse. Amy's music has inspired me both emotionally as well as stylistically. To me, her music and style was the perfect blend of rockabilly, Old Hollywood & rock 'n roll wrapped up in a modern bow. I draw a lot of inspiration from her.



The wind was betraying how cute the scarf looked with this outfit.



Another tripod fail, but I had to post because look at the massive scrape I didn't notice?!

I wanted to have Amy's iconic beehive bump workin' it for me today, but alas, I desired more sleep than a proper beehive so you can't really see it...


One of those photos where you barely get in front of the camera before the picture is taken!



Dusty Brick Butt/Escher Girls pose 






  • American Apparel Bodysuit
  • Forever 21 Pencil Skirt
  • Banana Republic Black and Cream Polka Dot Cardigan
  • Payless American Eagle Espadrille Wedges
  • Vintage Floral Bandana
  • Forever 21 Earrings
  • Ray Ban Sunglasses


Hopefully I'll have a tripod in the next few weeks, so my photographs won't be so crummy!  My next post will be on one of my current sewing projects so check back to see what I've got going on :)



No comments:

Post a Comment