Pages

Sunday, April 14, 2013

Secret Weapon: Layrite



Hey there! So, I still can't really sit in front of my machine therefore...no new projects to share :(
BUT! I do have a product review!
Follow Wildcat on Tumblr! [x]

Downtown there is a FANTASTIC shop called Wildcat. It's stocked with vintage and retro inspired clothing lines and accessories. The shop's a total gem and the shop owner is super nice, helpful & fun to chat with.

One day, I came in all dolled up complete with victory rolls to see what treasures I could find. Thea and I ended up chatting about my hair and I mentioned that my victory rolled bangs are the hardest to keep together (I was growing them out at the time) and she pulled out a little jar of hair product and sang its praises.
It's called Layrite, and this is what their company describes it as:




Developed to replace the wax that greasers would use in the SoCal rockabilly scene, water-based Layrite pomade holds like a wax, but washes out like a gel! What other pomades call extreme hold, we just call original. The same formula greasers have been trusting for 10 years.
  • Holds as strong as a wax
  • High shine for that polished look
  • Water-based formula washes right out just like a gel
  • No drying formula keeps hair soft with no flaking
  • Controls even the curliest and thickest hair out there
  • Keeps your hair in place and looking good all day

I bought a jar to try it out.

By the way, this is my new notebook.
It says, "Stressed is just desserts spelled backwards!"



Now, I feel I should disclose I've never really used much more than hairspray and a little styling wax in my hair. When I touched this stuff I was pleasantly surprised; it really did feel like a cross between a wax and a gel! I've used it to tame flyaways at the top of my head, smooth it lightly through curls and to keep my now, very short, Betty bangs in place and so far I really love it! It works better at keeping baby hairs in place than my Pureology styling wax, it isn't heavy and leaves a healthy sheen vs. an oily look. 

I also noticed my bobby pins stayed in place better when I wear a scarf. But, that could also but due to the fact that I just discovered the ridged side of your bobby pin is supposed to be face down on your scalp...but I'd like to think this little miracle in a jar helped a bit. You really only need a smidge of this stuff so a jar should last you a while. I also love that it washes out super easily. 

Can't wait till I can do victory rolls in my hair again so I can really test this baby out!
Have any of you tried Layrite? How'd you like it?



No comments:

Post a Comment