Pages

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Throwback: New Life to an Old Dress



Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Buenos Dias!

 I've got a quick post for you today. I haven't been able to start a new project due to a 12 page research paper on women's suffrage and 3 brides maids dresses overcrowding my plate...BUT! Last week I took the second dress I ever made and turned it into a halter versus the ill placed straps I had put on it previously...I think it looks way better!




Add caption



 Sometimes I'd do temporary pick ups. It was like a fancy high low.
I seriously have no idea what I was thinking with that ridiculous hat...I went through a year long fashion crisis.



Sorry about the plant getting in the way, it's time to do some yard work!




slight imperfections are all over this garment, but I still love it!


  



One thing I immediately noticed in these photos is the placement of my pattern pieces and their association to the fabric print! I've become more conscious about pattern placement since this dress ;)

What do you think? I think the halter is a little more flirty than regular straps, and well, a bit more me! This dress will definitely be getting more love once my neck is feeling better.
Thanks for reading!





2 comments:

  1. Hey Brittany,
    Your blog is great - I nominated you for a Liebster Award! I hope you'll play along and pass it on!
    Nicoline
    http://therecklessneedle.blogspot.ie/2013/05/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow thank you!! That is so kind of you! :) xo

      Delete